There are endless benefits to maintaining a healthy weight
just some of these are listed below:
- Increased energy levels
- Decreased risk of cancer
- Decreased risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke
- Decreased risk of diabetes
- A possible improvement in memory
- Improved mobility making everyday tasks easier
- Decreased blood pressure
- Improved bone health
- Decreased back pain
Weight training is not just about bodybuilding, it has many healthy benefits for people of all ages. Some of these include:
- Losing body fat – increasing muscle mass increases your metabolic rate so you burn more calories even at rest
- Gaining strength which makes everyday tasks easier and reduces the risk of injury
- Decreasing the risk of osteoporosis by increasing bone density
- Improving posture and preventing back pain
- Controlling blood sugar and lowering the risk of diabetes
- Improving cardiovascular health
- Improving appearance and confidence
- Enhancing mood, reducing stress and symptoms of depression
Hypopressives is a system of postures and breathing techniques that can be used to relieve pressure on weakened muscles along with many other health benefits:
- Increases abdominal and pelvic floor muscle tone
- Improves symptoms of incontinence, prolapse and hernias
- Increases explosive strength and anaerobic capacity
- Restores sexual function
- Improves posture and helps to reduce back pain
- Helps to reduce waist size and reveal a flatter stomach
- Increases metabolism
- Strengthens core
- Activates the sympathetic nervous system which acts as a stimulant
A healthy diet is essential to maintain a healthy body, however, with so much misinformation online and in the media it can be very confusing to determine which foods are actually healthy and which are not.
I will help you to understand the nutrients your body needs in order to maintain optimal health and how to get an adequate supply of these nutrients from your diet.
I will advise on macronutrients and how to macro track to get the right balance of protein, carbohydrates and fats for your body.
A lack of the correct balance of nutrients can inhibit your fitness gains, so I will advise on meal timings, when to eat certain foods and which foods to avoid.
Whilst diet and exercise are at the forefront of a healthy lifestyle, there are other areas of our busy and often stressful lives which can also suffer and have a detrimental affect on our overall wellness.
I can provide guidance on how to improve your mental well-being as well as physical health, including clean sleeping, relaxation and mindfulness, meditation and the benefits of yoga.